Tankless water heaters are a compact, energy-efficient solution for getting unlimited, on-demand hot water. Upgrade your water heater to a tankless and experience the convenience of never running out of hot water.
Occasionally, tankless water heaters break or become inefficient. Don’t get stuck without hot water in your home—trust the experts at Aire Serv® with repairing, maintaining, installing, or replacing your water heater.
Need your on-demand water heater repaired or replaced now? Call Aire Serv.
Types of Tankless Water Heaters We Repair and Replace
Types of units we repair and service include:
- Electric tankless water heater
- Gas on-demand water heater
At Aire Serv, we provide excellent customer service and quality work at a fair price. Whether you’re looking to schedule annual routine maintenance or an urgent repair, you can trust us to do the job well, and in a timely manner. Learn more about our service guarantees.
Tankless Water Heater Repair Services
Is your on-demand water heater on the fritz? We offer fast, reliable on-demand water heater repair services. During your service call, your Aire Serv technician will first inspect the unit and all components. After the inspection, our team member will make a recommendation for repair or replacement. We’ll make every attempt to repair your water heater.
Tankless Water Heater Replacement
Tankless water heater installation is a relatively straight forward service. Following an initial inspection, our team will help you to select a new water heater based on your household’s needs. Once the water heater has been obtained, we’ll replace the unit and haul away your old heater.
Interested in upgrading from a traditional water heater to an on-demand unit? We can help. Contact your local Aire Serv to learn more.
The Three Most Common Problems with Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are great for homeowners and the environment. But of course, anything mechanical will eventually need repair.
Here are the three most common repair needs we see in tankless water heaters:
- The heater won’t activate. If the heater won’t turn on when you engage the hot water, it’s usually because the system is not getting sufficient electricity or gas. This may mean there’s a wire short, a malfunction with the ignition system, or a leak/blockage in the gas line. The problem could also be low hot water demand. Every tankless water heater has a minimum flow rate, and if not enough cold water passes through the unit, it will shut off to prevent damage to the heat exchanger. Try turning up the hot water supply valve or turning on another hot water tap.
- Corroded gas burner. Condensation can build up near the gas burner, leading to corrosion that may block the gas line.
- If the airflow is blocked on either the vent or the exhaust, it may cause your system to overheat. On occasion, temperature sensors can malfunction, which also leads to overheating. Both issues are repairable.
Find Tankless Water Heater Repair Near Me
Never run out of hot water again. Let the experts at Aire Serv professionally repair or replace your on-demand hot water system. Call or request an appointment today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a tankless water heater work?
A tankless water heater is an on-demand water heating system—it activates only when hot water is needed. Cold water enters the unit where it is flash-heated and sent out to the hot water line to your sink or shower.
What are the benefits of a tankless water heater?
Many homeowners are replacing their water heaters with tankless systems because of the benefits they offer:
- Unlimited hot water. No more running out of hot water. The on-demand system heats water instantly as you need it, which means no more having to wait for water to be heated when the hot water tank runs out.
- More compact—saving space. Traditional tank water heaters are bulky and take up a significant amount of space in your home. When you switch to the tankless system, you get that space back.
- They last longer. Tankless systems, on average, have a much longer lifespan than conventional tank water heaters—saving you money on replacement costs. On-demand water heaters have an average lifespan of 20 years or more, whereas traditional water heaters last only 10-15 years on average.
- They’re more efficient—saving money over time. Tankless water heaters use energy to heat water only when you need it—they don’t constantly consume energy to keep an idle tank of water hot.
Are tankless water heaters gas or electric?
Either! Tankless water heaters come in natural gas, propane, and electric models—so you’re sure to find a unit that fits your needs. Not sure which is best for you? We recommend having an Aire Serv expert assess your home and hot water needs to make sure you get the best type, model, and size.
Do you need to flush a tankless water heater?
Yes. They need to be flushed annually to remove mineral buildup. Flushing will prevent clogging, prolong the life of your tankless system, and make sure it’s operating efficiently. If your home has hard water, minerals may accumulate even faster. In that case, we recommend having your tankless water heater flushed every six months. Annual tankless water heater maintenance can save you money on repairs or replacement in the long run.
How do you change the filter on a tankless water heater?
Unless you have extensive experience with on-demand water systems, we recommend not trying it on your own. If the filter is not changed properly, or the wrong size filter is used, it may damage your system—requiring repairs. Let the professionals at Aire Serv handle the filter replacement so you can rest assured that the job is done properly.
Can I install a tankless water heater myself?
Unless you’re an expert in tankless water heaters, we recommend having a professional at Aire Serv handle the job for you to ensure proper installation and long-lasting service.
Need additional repairs performed in your home? Let Neighbourly’s® family of home service professionals help you out:
- Handyman® provides kitchen appliance installation and other kitchen services!
- Having trouble with your gas line? Mr. Rooter® Plumbing offers gas line repair
- If you need major home appliance repairs, count on Mr. Appliance® for excellent workmanship.
- What Is an Average Water Heater Lifespan?
- What is a Hybrid Water Heater?
- Best Temperature for a Water Heater