It can be difficult to identify a clogged dryer vent, but failure to clean it can cause a household fire. Regular inspection and professional cleaning is a necessity.
When you hire Aire Serv® to inspect and clean your dryer vent, we’ll also be able to identify any hidden mould or pests that may be lingering inside.
Call to reach the Aire Serv nearest you or request an appointment online for your next cleaning.
Why Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Our service technicians have the specialized tools and equipment to safely remove flammable lint from the full length of your dryer vent—from where it connects to your dryer to where it vents outside your home.
We also detect and remove moisture, pests, and other harmful materials that can get trapped in the vent.
After inspection and cleaning, we will provide insight into your dryer system’s overall efficiency and how often your dryer vent should be cleaned out to keep your home safe.
Improper cleaning can result in damage to your vent, and subsequently, put your household in danger. Dryer vent cleaning should always be conducted by a trained professional.
Signs You Need Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
If you’re not on a regular maintenance schedule for dryer vent cleaning, it can be difficult to know when your dryer vent needs cleaning.
The common signs your dryer vent needs to be cleaned:
- Increased drying time
- Unusual odour coming from your dryer (burnt/gas smell)
- Lint buildup around the vent
- Overheated dryer or clothes
- Malfunctioning dryer (possible sign of other issues that require additional service)
- 1+ year since your last service
Our Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
There are many types of dryer ducts, and we service them all, including:
- Aluminum foil ducts
- Semi-rigid metal ducts
- Slim ducts
- Rigid metal ducts
- Plastic or vinyl ducts
With years of experience and professional licensing, the team at your local Aire Serv will correctly identify and service each system and duct type.
Our Dryer Exhaust Vent Cleaning Process
Depending on the vent type and degree and type of buildup, the dryer exhaust vent cleaning process will vary slightly from home to home.
In general, you can expect our team to:
- Locate the external vent and remove its cover.
- Dislodge and remove any debris using a vacuum, brush, and tools.
- Disconnect your dryer from inside and remove debris from the lint trap.
- Use specialized tools to clean out the rest of the debris from the dryer’s internal location.
- Reconnect and test your dryer for proper efficiency and airflow.
Find Dryer Vent Cleaning Near Me
Haven’t had your dryer vent cleaned in a while, and worried about flammable buildup? Reach out to your local Aire Serv for professional dryer vent cleaning services. Call or request an appointment online to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I clean my dryer vent?
Because home fires can be caused by a dirty dryer vent, experts recommend cleaning your dryer vent twice a year. You may need more frequent cleaning if you use your dryer more than average, have an older dryer, or have a longer or angled vent.
How long does dryer vent cleaning take?
Usually, professional home dryer vent cleaning will take about an hour. If there’s a larger than expected buildup of debris or if the vent tunnel is angled, the cleaning process may take longer.
Does duct cleaning include the dryer vent?
No, duct cleaning service involves your HVAC vents, not your dryer vent. As completely different systems and cleaning processes, duct and dryer vent cleaning are different services.
For more expert home services, you can trust our fellow Neighbourly® service brands, including:
- Rainbow International® eliminates smells with IICRC-certified odour removal services.
- Rooter® Plumbing offers drain cleaning service to keep your pipes running smoothly.
- Handyman® provides outdoor home maintenance to keep your curb appeal intact.