Heater Maintenance Service
Restoring Comfort to Your Home & Your Heating Bills
We know that maintenance seems like the lowest-priority item on your list right now. Things aren’t that cold, your heater worked alright last year, and besides—you’d be able to tell if something was wrong, right? After servicing thousands of homes (sometimes in the dead of night on emergency calls), Aire Serv® understands firsthand what happens when people put off maintenance service.
Though our HVAC EMTs offer emergency service 24 hours a day, we know that’s not what you want. To make sure your heater never stops working and keeps you warm throughout the year, call us for an annual maintenance check-up.
A short visit could mean the difference between a couple of repairs in the fall and a costly replacement in the dead of winter!
Do You Know the Type of Heater You Own?
Do some research on your heater. The more you know about it, the more you’ll know what sort of care or attention it will need from you. The noises that one unit makes may be normal to it, but a dangerous sign in another.
Taking ownership of your heating system could provide you with some peace of mind (and clue you in when you need to call a professional).
Tips from Your Local Heating Pros
If you’re pretty handy, you may be able to tackle some maintenance tasks on your own. Take a look at the list of routine inspections and jobs below, and try to handle as much of it as you can. Some of it is simple and only takes a few minutes once a month. These simple habits can save you countless dollars throughout the year by preventing costly damage and increasing the efficiency of your system.
Here’s what our heating experts would normally handle on a routine inspection:
- Changing the filters
- Inspecting airflow and fans
- Lubricating motorized joints
- Inspecting electrical parts
- Inspecting the burners
- Calibrating the thermostat
- Inspecting the safety controls
- Inspecting the gas line
- Adjusting, replacing, or maintaining belts
- Doing an amp-draw test
- Inspecting condensate drain line
- Checking the heat exchanger for rust, corrosion, or damage
Should I Repair or Replace My Heater?
The operation costs of keeping your current heater and replacing it with a newer model hinge on a few different factors. If you’re considering replacing your heater, Aire Serv offers free in-home quotes to help you guide your decision. Since we are a repair and installation company, we can provide you with a great deal of insight regarding value.
Ask the following questions while deciding to keep or replace your heater:
- How Old Is It? — Heaters don’t last long past 10-12 years. Age is a critical factor.
- How Often Have I Repaired It? — If your repairs (or anticipated repairs) this year come out to 50% the cost of replacement, it’s time to get a new model.
- How Much Does It Cost Me? — If your heating bills are continuing to rise despite regular maintenance, it may be time for a new model.
- How Well Does It Work? — If your home isn’t as warm as it used to be, then that’s also a valid reason to replace your system.
Call Aire Serv today at (855) 512-2886 for a free in-home estimate on replacing your furnace, or contact us for a Total Comfort Tune-Up. Your utility bills should be comfortable too.