There’s no need to sweat when it comes to air conditioning repair service. Your local Aire Serv team is committed to providing high-quality residential A/C services to our community. Our air conditioning services are comprehensive — we offer A/C installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement. We work 24/7 to keep you and your family cool and comfortable and help extend the lifespan of your HVAC system.
Why Air Conditioner Repair Is Necessary
We rarely think about our air conditioner except to welcome the cool air on a hot day. But regular residential A/C service keeps your system cooling efficiently without raising your utility bills. As summers lengthen and heat waves become more common, maintaining your A/C is more critical than ever. Best of all, with routine maintenance, you can preserve the life of your A/C, postponing the expense of air conditioning replacement service.
The following are some indicators that your air conditioner might need service:
- The air no longer gets cold.
- The vents have decreased airflow.
- High humidity and inconsistent temperatures can be felt indoors.
- Your system continually runs and takes longer to cool your home.
- Foul odours are coming from your unit or air ducts.
- Water leaks in the area that houses your A/C unit.
- Strange noises can be heard when your system turns on or off.
Call your local Aire Serv HVAC team for service if you notice any of these things. Our experienced service professionals provide residential air conditioning repair service to keep you and your family cool on the hottest of days.
Our Air Conditioner Repair Services
When searching for “residential air conditioning repair near me,” count on the experts at your local Aire Serv. Our A/C service professionals arrive on time and quickly identify the issues affecting your cooling system. Before we get started, we’ll walk you through a detailed list of the work we plan to do and get your approval before any work begins.
We use only the best quality parts and state-of-the-art tools to ensure your A/C repair service is done right the first time. During your appointment, we will do the following as part of our air conditioning repair service:
- Filter inspection and Cleaning — The A/C filter captures a tremendous amount of dust, pet hair, and other airborne particulates in your home. We clean (and if needed, replace) your A/C filter to improve airflow, system efficiency, and the overall air quality in your home.
- Evaporator Coil and Condenser Cleaning — Dust, dirt, and grime can build up on these parts of your system, which reduces the cooling efficiency of your A/C. Dirty components also drive up your utility bills and put undue stress on your system. This essential step of our air conditioning repair service helps improve performance and will extend the life of your system.
- Drain Cleaning and Leaks Check — We thoroughly check your air conditioning system to ensure there are no water leaks and the drain line is clear and functioning properly.
- Thorough Inspection — We check every facet of your A/C to confirm it is working properly and efficiently. This includes checking the compressor, fan motor, condenser unit, evaporator unit, thermostat, and refrigerant levels.
Our comprehensive heating and cooling services ensure that your A/C performance issues get resolved quickly and completely. Over the years, our team has resolved a wide range of A/C issues. This experience is essential when providing residential A/C service and finding a fix for your A/C problem. While other companies might provide a temporary band-aid, we go above and beyond to make repairs that will keep your system operating efficiently.
When to Consider Air Conditioner Replacement
Sometimes, air conditioning repair service isn’t enough. When repair costs exceed the costs of a replacement, getting a new, more energy-efficient system. Since many A/C problems — like poor airflow or cooling — can be repaired, how do you know when to replace your current A/C? Consider the following to make your decision:
- Age of Your Air Conditioner — The average lifespan of a residential air conditioner is 10-15 years. After ten years, newer, more energy-efficient models will be available that may help lower your energy cost. After 15 years, your system, depending on usage and maintenance, may be on borrowed time.
- Frequency of Repairs — If your system frequently requires air conditioning repair service to function, you are investing money into an aging, less efficient unit and should consider a replacement.
- The Expense of Repairs — When considering an A/C replacement, use the "$5,000 Rule". Multiply the cost of repairs by the age of your system. If the result is $5,000 or more, replacing your system will be more cost-effective. The frequency of repairs should also be factored into this equation.
- Energy Efficiency—Consistently high utility bills are another sign your system may need to be replaced. A new system will be far more energy-efficient, which will help reduce energy costs. Your electric bills and the environment will benefit from a system that meets the newest energy efficiency standards.
Our Air Conditioner Replacement Services
When you call on Aire Serv for residential air conditioning replacement, we help you select a system that best suits your needs. Our service professionals are certified and trained on all the latest energy-efficient brands. We’ll review the pros and cons of each with you so you can make an informed decision. Once we remove your old system, we'll clean and examine the ductwork to ensure everything looks good. After installing your new air conditioner, we’ll test it to ensure it works. Before we leave, we’ll answer your questions and provide all the maintenance and service requirements for your new cooling system to ensure it continues to operate efficiently for years.
Why Aire Serv Is the Best Choice for Residential Air Conditioner Repair and Replacement Services
Your local Aire Serv is committed to your family’s comfort. Our heating and cooling services will help keep your home comfortable and improve your indoor air quality. Our air conditioning repair service can also save you money by keeping your utility bills in check and extending the lifespan of your A/C.
The Aire Serv team has built a reputation based on quality. Our skilled service professionals are extensively trained and certified to work on all major A/C brands. As a proud member of the Neighbourly family of home service companies, we are committed to providing superior service and results you can rely on and back all our work with the Neighbourly Done Right Promise™, which guarantees your satisfaction.
Find an Aire Serv location near you for residential A/C service you can rely on. We work around the clock, nights, weekends, and holidays to ensure you get the A/C solution you need when you need it. And since we don’t charge extra for overtime, holiday, or weekend service, you get upfront pricing with no hidden fees.
Contact Us for an Estimate Today!
At Aire Serv, we help you keep your cool when your air conditioner isn’t working as well as you’d like — or not working at all. Call us or schedule an appointment online today.