Indoor Air Quality Services
Breathe Easier & Live Better
You count on your home to be a comfortable haven—and when it’s not, it’s time to investigate. If your retreat leaves you feeling unwell, you may be suffering from poor indoor air quality. The professionals at Aire Serv® are here to help! We offer indoor air quality services that will leave you breathing easier and feeling better.
We are more than just an HVAC repair company. We offer total home comfort solutions. And when it comes to the comfort of your home, few things are more important than the air. We offer whole-home air purification installation as well as repair and maintenance services.
Contact your local Aire Serv or call (855) 512-2886 to improve indoor air quality at your home.
Trees Clean Air. So Do We.
According to Health Canada, indoor air quality refers to the air quality within and around buildings and structures as it relates to the health and comfort of its occupants. Indoor air quality is affected by temperature, humidity, ventilation, and chemical or biological contaminants found within the building.
Pollutants building up in your home can result in not only unpleasant odours but also serious health issues, including:
- Sore eyes
- Burning nose
- Worsening allergies
- Respiratory issues
- Flu-like symptoms
- Heart disease
- Other serious, long-term conditions
- Death, when carbon monoxide and other pollutants are present in high concentrations
The Causes of Poor Indoor Air Quality
There are many factors that contribute to a decrease in indoor air quality:
- Indoor pets
- Dust mites
- Inadequate whole-house ventilation
- Improperly vented combustion appliances and fireplaces, which generate carbon monoxide
- Mould and mildew resulting from moisture damage and high humidity
- VOCs from chemical cleaning products, paint, and pesticides
- Building materials containing asbestos, formaldehyde, and lead
- High temperature and humidity can also increase the levels of some pollutants
How Can I Improve Indoor Air Quality at My Home or Business?
Improving the air quality in your home or business can be simple. We’ve listed our top six suggestions so you can improve indoor air quality in your space:
- Air Duct Cleaning – Your home may look pristine throughout; however, pollutants such as mould, bacteria, and dust could be hidden within your air ducts, affecting your air quality. The professional technicians at Aire Serv can inspect your ductwork, cleaning and repairing it as necessary to prevent the contamination of your home.
- Air Filters – Changing air filters regularly—at least once every two to three months for typical filters or once a year for box-type filters—improves air quality inside your home, cuts down on energy use, and prevents damage while prolonging the life of your heating and cooling system by reducing resistance. Higher efficiency filters can even reduce irritants such as mould spores, pollen, and bacteria. Check with a professional before installing speciality filters, however, as certain filters may be incompatible, causing damage to your system.
- Air Purifiers / Electronic Air Cleaners – Air cleaners improve air quality by removing harmful pollutants from the air such as smoke, mould, viruses, pet dander, and allergens. Whole-house air purifiers are more effective than portable varieties. Whole-house purifiers can be added to your heating or cooling system to trap and filter pollutants. They often include features such as HEPA technology for improved filtration of the smallest particles; carbon filtration for gaseous pollutants; and UV light for disinfection.
- Dehumidifiers – High temperature and humidity can increase the levels of indoor pollutants. Controlling mould with a whole-house dehumidifier can help reduce allergy-causing mould and mildew. Used in conjunction with your central heating and air, whole-house dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air in your home, improving indoor air quality.
- Mechanical Ventilation – Air inside your home is two to five times more polluted than the air outside. By bringing fresh air into your home with the help of mechanical ventilation such as window fans, attic fans, energy-efficient heat recovery, and whole-house ventilators, you will not only boost indoor air quality but also keep your home more comfortable.
- General Vacuuming and Cleaning – Daily vacuuming and dusting can control larger particles. However, the smallest particles—the cause of the most irritation—can only be removed with filtering devices.
Indoor Air Quality Testing Is Important
Indoor air quality testing is very important to the health of you and the other occupants of your space. Health Canada recognizes the importance of maintaining the indoor air quality (IAQ) of your home or business. From asthma irritants to exposure to dangerous fumes like VOCs or radon, it’s important to test, remediate, and retest to ensure the safety of your home.
When you hire Aire Serv to complete indoor air quality testing at your home or business, you can trust that our technicians will complete thorough testing and provide actionable next steps to meet indoor air quality standards. Based on the initial results of your air quality test, Aire Serv technicians will recommend retesting 90 days to three years after the initial test.
Want to learn more about the specifics of our indoor air quality testing processes? Click here.
Not Sure You Need Professional Indoor Air Quality Testing?
Start with an at-home test! There are a variety of at-home tests that measure the quality of your home’s air. From Radon to VOCs and mould, these tests detect common problems and offer a lower-cost option for an initial test. Further testing by an Aire Serv professional can help you narrow down the cause of the indoor air pollution, the level of exposure, and more.
Click here to learn more about at-home DIY indoor air quality testing.
Call Aire Serv to Improve Indoor Air Quality at Your Home or Business
Improve your indoor air quality and breathe easier! Contact Aire Serv today at (855) 512-2886; we’ll put you in touch with the franchise nearest to your location. Our professional technicians can help you find the perfect solution for your home’s indoor air quality issues!