There are a wide range of factors that contribute to poor indoor air quality. Smoking, pets, pollen, and dust mites can all play a role in reducing the air quality in your home. If your home has inadequate ventilation, it may be trapping harmful pollutants, which can make breathing clean air virtually impossible.
High temperatures and humidity can also add to poor air quality . Your home may also have materials that contain asbestos, formaldehyde, and lead, which are more common in homes than most people realize. These types of materials may be silently polluting the air in your home. Our local indoor air quality service can help you determine if such factors are contributing to the potentially poor air quality in your space.
Benefits of Improving Indoor Air Quality
We often don’t realize the harm that poor air quality is doing until we make improvements. Indoor air quality testing services can help you identify problems and find resolutions, which can significantly improve overall air quality. As a result, you may find yourself breathing a little easier – literally. The more contaminated the air we breathe , the more likely we are to suffer illnesses and allergies. Even a small amount of indoor pollutants can raise stress levels and contribute to poor health.
Improving indoor air quality will also help you sleep a little easier at night. Cleaner air means you’re less likely to get sick, reducing our stress levels which can make falling and staying asleep easier . Along with improved air quality, cooler temperatures at night can also help contribute to better sleep. Once we improve your air quality, your local Aire Serve pro can check your HVAC system to ensure it’s operating efficiently so you can rest easy at night.
Lower utility bills are another important benefit of improving indoor air quality. Many people try to keep their bills low by turning off their air conditioning and switching it on only when they get hot. This actually makes your air conditioner work harder, since it is always playing catch up.
A new, energy-efficient HVAC unit can help you avoid temperature dips, keep the air cleaner, and because they’re cheaper to run than older units, they often pay for themselves within a few years.
How Will You Improve Your Indoor Air Quality at Your Home or Your Business
Finding reliable indoor air quality service near me that you can trust may seem like a challenge, but the HVAC pros at your local Aire Serv have the experience and reputation that will make your choice a lot easier. We’ll help improve the air quality in your home or business with these proven strategies:
- Air Duct Cleaning – Your home may look pristine throughout; however, pollutants such as mould, bacteria, and dust could be hidden within your air ducts, affecting your air quality. The professionals at Aire Serv can inspect your ductwork and clean and repair any issues, if necessary, to prevent further contamination of your home.
- Air Filters – Changing air filters regularly—at least once every two to three months for typical filters or once a year for box-type filters—helps improve the air quality inside your home, cuts down on energy usage, and reduces the risk of expensive repairs while prolonging the life of your system. Higher efficiency filters can even reduce irritants such as mould spores, pollen, and bacteria. Check with an Aire Serv professional before installing specialty filters because certain filters may not be compatible with your system, which can cause damage.
- Air Purifiers / Electronic Air Cleaners – Air cleaners improve air quality by removing harmful pollutants from the air such as, smoke, mould, viruses, pet dander, and allergens. Whole-house air purifiers are more effective than portable varieties. Whole-house purifiers can be added to your existing HVAC system to trap and filter pollutants. They often include features such as HEPA and UV technology for improved filtration of the smallest particles, carbon filtration for gaseous pollutants, and disinfection.
- Dehumidifiers – High temperature and humidity can increase the levels of indoor pollutants. Controlling mould with a whole-house dehumidifier can help reduce allergy-causing mould and mildew. Used in conjunction with your central heating and air conditioning, whole-house dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air in your home, improving indoor air quality.
- Mechanical Ventilation – The air inside your home is two to five times more polluted than the air outside. By bringing fresh air into your home with the help of mechanical ventilation such as window fans, attic fans, energy-efficient heat recovery, and whole-house ventilators, you will not only boost indoor air quality but also keep your home more comfortable.
- General Vacuuming and Cleaning – Daily vacuuming and dusting can control larger particles. However, the smallest particles—the cause of the most irritation—can only be removed with filtering devices.
Importance of Indoor Air Quality Testing
When your health is on the line, indoor air quality services can make all the difference. Health Canada recognizes that poor indoor air quality can lead to chronic conditions like asthma. Exposure to dangerous fumes like radon or VOCs can have even more dramatic health indications.
That’s why it’s so important to test your home or business for pollutants. If you’ve been experiencing mystery symptoms and ailments with no explanation, air quality could indeed be a factor.
When you hire Aire Serv to complete indoor air quality testing at your home or business, you can trust that our professionals will complete thorough testing and provide actionable next steps to meet indoor air quality standards. Based on the initial results of your air quality test, Aire Serv professionals will recommend retesting 90 days to three years after the initial test.
Want to learn more about the specifics of our indoor air quality testing processes? Click here.
Residential and commercial indoor air quality services can help you identify pollutants and measure the air quality in your space. Begin with an at-home test to detect radon, mould, and VOCs. Additional testing by Aire Serv professionals can further narrow down the contributors of indoor air pollution and give you an assessment of your indoor air quality. the level of exposure you’re experiencing.
Click here to learn more about DIY indoor air quality testing.
We can help improve your indoor air quality so you and your family can and breathe easier.! Contact Aire Serv today or reach out schedule an appointment online; we’ll put you in touch with the franchise nearest to your location. Our professionals can help you find the perfect solution for your home’s indoor air quality issues!