Trusted Brand in HVAC Repair & Maintenance Since 1992
Forced air heating systems utilize air filters in order to prevent large contaminants from damaging the heater and small contaminants from affecting indoor air quality. Modern air filters are extremely effective and trap tiny contaminants for better air quality overall. That’s why it is important to maintain the filters in your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system. This page contains a guide for proper air conditioning maintenance from our heater repair experts at Aire Serv.
When to Check & Change Your Air Filter
You should check your filter every month or on the change of seasons. Regular air filters should be changed every two months—no more than three. Box-type filters can be changed once a year.
Why Does Changing My Air Filter Matter?
There are many reasons why it is very important to maintain your air filter:
- Failure to replace your air filter can cause an overall decrease in heater / air conditioner efficiency
- Failure to replace your air filter can cause your energy bills to increase as your system is forced to work harder to heat / cool your house
- Failure to replace your air filter can cause result in a less pleasant home temperature
- Failure to replace your air filter can cause bad indoor air quality, which in turn leads to health repercussions
- Failure to replace your air filter can cause bad environmental affects
It’s important to stay on top of your filter maintenance. Remember that you need to choose the right fit and weave. If the fit is incorrect, you can experience diminished air quality. If the weave is too tight, your system will have improper airflow leading to expensive energy bills and decreased home comfort. Don’t install a specialty filter without consulting your HVAC repair specialist at Aire Serv first.
We don’t just care about fixing HVAC systems—we care about ecosystem. Breathe easy and call Aire Serv today at (855) 512-2886.