Calgary is well known for a long, cold winter season—sure, we get the occasional chinook winds blowing in, but that's no help during a prolonged cold snap when the thermometer dips down to -40 degrees Celsius with wind chill. Having a functioning, well-maintained furnace isn't just a nice amenity during the winter months, it's an absolute necessity for survival. That's why diligent preventative maintenance is so crucially important, and that includes an annual furnace tune-up. Calgary, we're here to help!
The team of Calgary HVAC service professionals at Aire Serv of Calgary South has the experience and skill to not only keep your furnace in perfect working order but also to spot potential problems that others may miss and get them corrected before they have a chance to cause hassle or discomfort for your household. You can count on us to always deliver expert workmanship and exceptional customer service.
How Our Experts Handle a Calgary Furnace Tune-Up
It's no secret that furnaces need repair now and then and have to be replaced every 15 to 20 years or so. But it is something of a secret that you can avoid the need for frequent repairs and prolong the serviceable years of your furnace to avoid the need for premature replacement by investing in regular furnace tune-ups. Calgary homeowners can benefit from our furnace tune-up services in a multitude of other ways as well. For example, we can make your furnace more energy efficient to increase the energy savings on your monthly utility bills. We can also give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have a clean and well-maintained furnace that won't break down and leave your household at risk during the cold months or cause a major safety issue, such as a carbon monoxide leak.
Whatever temperature you like to set your thermostat to, our heating professionals can ensure that your furnace is more than capable of consistently and reliably maintaining your indoor comfort levels with a thorough furnace tune-up. Calgary HVAC professionals at Aire Serv can also offer you some expert advice on how to make sure your furnace continues to perform well throughout the year.
We'll start by getting there on time for your scheduled service appointment, in uniform, and driving a branded vehicle so you know who you're letting into your home. Then we'll get to work examining your furnace for any signs of potential trouble and going through a list of maintenance and inspection tasks. If we do spot something that's not quite right, we'll get it fixed up on the spot or recommend a follow-up repair call.
Our Calgary furnace tune-up service includes steps such as:
- Inspecting electrical parts and burners
- Changing air filters
- Inspecting safety controls
- Lubricating motorized parts
- Inspecting fans and ensuring adequate airflow
- Testing the blower motor
- Performing an amp-draw test
- Calibrating your thermostat
- Inspecting the gas line to check for carbon monoxide leaks
- Adjusting, replacing, and maintaining belts
- Examining heat exchanger for signs of corrosion
- Straightening crushed condenser fins
- Inspecting the condensate drain line
- Final furnace operation check
Call Aire Serv for a Thorough Furnace Tune Up, Calgary Homeowners
When the time rolls around for a professional furnace tune-up, Calgary homeowners can count on an individualized service approach from the experienced HVAC experts at Aire Serv of Calgary South. We pride ourselves on providing the best quality of workmanship combined with excellent customer service that always goes above and beyond. As a locally owned and operated business, we live in Calgary too and we understand just how important it is to do furnace tune-ups correctly and avoid catastrophic breakdowns in the dead of winter.
Along with furnace tune-ups, Calgary residents can call us for a wide range of other HVAC maintenance, repair, and installation tasks, including furnace repair services, furnace installation, AC installation, air conditioning repair, heat pump installation, and replacement, and much more. We also provide outstanding commercial HVAC services to Calgary business owners for their commercial properties. Our workmanship is guaranteed by a labor warranty, so there's no need to worry that we won't get the job done right.
Call us today to speak with our friendly customer care staff and schedule a service appointment, or find out more about the reliable HVAC services we offer in Calgary.
FAQ: Furnace Tune-Up in Calgary
How Do I Know If I Need a Calgary Furnace Tune-Up?
There are many indications that it’s time to schedule a Calgary furnace tune-up appointment with the experts at Aire Serv, including:
- Can't Remember Your Last Furnace Tune-Up: To start with, if you don’t remember the last time you scheduled maintenance for your heater, or you know for a fact that it has never happened, then it’s time to book an appointment right away for a furnace tune-up. Calgary homeowners should have their furnaces looked at at least annually because we need to use our furnaces so much throughout fall, winter, and spring. If you have a very large building with a lot of air volume to cover, your furnace may need attention more frequently.
- Energy Costs Have Increased: Have you noticed the charges on your energy bills have gone up, and you're not sure why? It could be because your furnace is not operating efficiently. When a furnace is not maintained properly over the years, its components accumulate dust, grime build-up, and debris. This build-up prevents your heating system from working efficiently. The dirtier your furnace is, especially the air filter, the harder your HVAC system has to work to keep your home at a comfortable temperature. That means it needs more energy to function, and as a result, your energy costs go up.
- Home is Unusually Dusty: The key purpose of your furnace air filter is to ensure only clean, filtered air is emitted from the furnace. Air filters trap dander, dust, and other allergens that could otherwise float around your house and settle on surfaces. If you’ve noticed your commercial or residential property seems unusually dusty, no matter how much you clean it, then the problem may be caused by a clogged, dirty air filter that needs to be changed. When air filters are not replaced often enough, they get clogged and no longer function properly, contaminating your indoor air quality, causing respiratory issues, and forcing your furnace to operate inefficiently or break down altogether.
What's the Best Time of Year for a Furnace Tune-Up in Calgary?
You've already heard that annual furnace tune-ups are the way to go, but when exactly should they be scheduled? The most ideal time for a Calgary furnace tune-up is just before the weather turns cold, so your furnace is ready to go when you need to start using it regularly in the fall. If at all possible, schedule your annual maintenance appointment for late summer or early autumn so our HVAC service professionals have a chance to get your heating system tuned up and in great shape just in time for the cold season ahead.
How Can I Make My Furnace Run at Peak Efficiency?
While the regular maintenance of professional furnace tune-ups is the best way to improve energy efficiency, lower charges on your energy bills, and reduce your carbon footprint, there are a few things Calgary homeowners can do to help maintain their heating system and lower energy costs. Here are our top three tips for improving furnace efficiency:
- Change air filters at the recommended intervals. How often you need to swap out furnace filters depends on the thickness of the filter that your unit requires, among other things, so check the manufacturer's manual for your furnace and follow the recommendations there. If you notice that the filter is visibly grimy, or there is an excessive amount of dust in your home, and your allergies are giving you trouble, it is time to change the filter.
- Seal door jambs, window frames, and other vulnerable areas of your home to prevent air drafts that let warm air escape and cool air seep inside, causing your furnace to have to operate longer to get your home up to the right temperature.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat that can be scheduled to automatically turn off or lower the temperature during times when you are typically out of the house or when you are sleeping, which will conserve quite a bit of energy.
Need a Furnace Tune Up, Calgary? Call the Experts at Aire Serv!
When it's time for your annual furnace tune-up in Calgary or a nearby area such as Rocky View County, trust the experienced HVAC service professionals at Aire Serv of Calgary South to take care of it for you. Our team has the skill and expertise to keep your furnace running smoothly all winter long. Get in touch with us today to learn more about the HVAC services we offer or to book an appointment with our reliable service professionals.