Commercial AC Replacement
Breathe Easier with a New Air Conditioning System!
When your air conditioning unit starts functioning more like a heater, it’s probably time to start considering a replacement. Not only does your cooling system effect you, but all the people in your commercial location as well. Whether these people are employees or customers, the effect will inevitably be a sweltering one.
Where should you start looking for a cost-effective AC replacement? The licensed air conditioning experts from Aire Serv® can help you determine your options!
Feel comfortable in your own office or place of work again. Call us today: (855) 512-2886.
Types of Commercial Air Conditioners
The first step in replacing an air conditioning system is determining what type of existing system you already have and what type of system you would like to have.
Consider the following air conditioning system options:
- Split System: This AC system is the most common and utilizes ductwork, an indoor condensing unit, and an outdoor evaporator system.
- Packaged System: The ductwork distributes air like a split system, with the condensing and evaporator system housed outside within a single unit.
- Ductless Mini-Splits: An indoor unit mounts to the wall and an outdoor unit sits next to the business. This system does not use ducts.
- Portable Air Conditioner: These are designed to provide AC to a singular room or area of a location.
- Evaporative Coolers: In dry climates, these systems remove heat using evaporation. They may be located on rooftops and be likened to split systems.
Signs You Need a Commercial Air Conditioner Replacement
Commercial air conditioner replacement can be determined by a variety of factors. If these factors are in place, it may be time to consult a professional from Aire Serv and explore your options. Factors in air conditioner replacement:
- Age: If your system is over 10 years old, Environment Canada’s ENERGY STAR program suggests replacement.
- The 50% Rule: If repair costs are equaling half the value of the system, an air conditioning unit replacement may make financial sense.
- Comfort: Uneven temperatures may cause discomfort, indoor air quality problems, and mould, all of which can affect your health.
- Noise: Noisy air conditioning units that turn off unexpectedly may require a replacement. It could be a sign of a system that is unable to keep up with the demands of your building.
Besides obvious benefits such as comfort, the benefits of a newer air conditioner can also include lower energy bills and a positive environmental impact!